Manufacturer: TT Hongli
Grade: "Perfect Grade" SD
Origin: TT Hongli Mech-Hero Three-Kingdom
Pre-Order: RM35 per unit (COD price)
Pre-Order Set of 3 (different or same model): RM99 per set (COD price)
This is my 2nd straight build of the series :)
I was still surprised to see that TT Hongli is actually releasing their own casting of Three-Kingdom SD model kits, when Bandai's casting of Sangokuden is so well known and well thought off...
Well, this quick review would be quite similar to Zhang Fei that I did earlier :)
- The plastic quality is very nice. Lookout, Bandai!
- Well, TT Hongli did a pretty good job here. Can be better tho, for the cloak... since there are to a big portion of gold-coloured section on the cloak, TT Hongli should make separate parts just like the head ;)
- The sticker is not good... colour come off if scrubbed too hard with hands, and there is a lot of sticker usage for this kit... :(
- Head/Neck: Good... ball joint, movement is great for the head/neck ;)
- Shoulder: Good... The shoulder is connected to the shoulder armour which then connects to the body but the armour doesn't interfere with the movement like what happened to Zhang Fei :)
- Elbow: Elbow can be bend 90 degrees! Hardly see this feature in Bandai's SD/BB ;)
- Hand/Wrist: As usual.
- Torso: As usual, can twist left & right :)
- Hip: Ball joint to the tight... movement is pretty good.
- Knee: An SD/BB with knee that can bend nearly to 90 degrees! Nuff say ;)
- Ankle/Feet: Ball joint... quite good movement ;)
- The articulation system is a little ahead of Bandai's SD/BB of the same price range.
Things to look out for...
- Nothing particularly easy-broken :) Just don't rub the stickers with you fingers... use a cotton butt to press instead or else the colour would come off and showing silver colour instead...
- This is good to have for a change. TT Hongli could do better with this kit but I see no flaw still... the end result is quite satisfying ;)
The helmet and accessories are pretty nice, but the head is just a bit odd... maybe some colouring would make it better :p
Quite ordinary... coloring by stickers as to most of Bandai's BB but pretty easy to re-colour it :)
Shoulder and Arm
Very well design. I like those :) The elbow can bend 90 degrees so its GOOD!
Front and back skirt can move a bit... side skirts can move outward! Nice!
Quite good movement :) Leg is longer than usual SD/BB, and the knee can bend almost to 90 degrees ;)
Nicely designed and I like this! However, TT Hongli could do better making separate parts for the gold colour instead of using stickers since the put the "Perfect Grade" on the box ;)
The joints could be conceal better tho...
The twin sword :) Pretty neat design and can be held at the back of the cloak.
Liu Bei, Full-Cloak (Defensive) Mode
Resemble Crossbone Full-Cloak and Master Gundam ;) Stylish!
Side-by-Side Comparison with Bandai's BB
The "Perfect Grade" is a bit taller than ordinary BB :)
Liu Bei, Open-Cloak (Offensive) Mode
Pretty balanced ;) Just wished that the inner cloak was taken care off by the manufacturer too (look much better from the back angle :p). I guess they leave something for mods ;)
Articulations are very good and can do a variety of pose :)
Posing With Zhang Fei!